OPEN CALL for student Audio - Video works on theme: "I WISH TO TELL YOU..."
TEMPUS project StudAVP (Student Audio-Video Production) announces an OPEN CALL for student works in the field of audio and video art and media.
This is the first and only call in the year 2014 - first year of implementation of StudAVP project.
- This year's OPEN CALL is for the students of art and media from Regional Partner Institutions only.
University of Arts in Belgrade,
University of Novi Sad,
From BOSNIA NAD HERZEGOVINA:
University of Banja Luka,
University of Sarajevo,
University of Tirana,
“Aleksander Moisiu”, University of Duress,
- Applications from students other than art and media studies or Universities other than listed above will not be accepted.
- A finished AV project should be up to 10 minutes.
- No limitation regarding the form, structure or genre.
- Project can be done in any language but must be subtitled or translated into English.
- Project proposal must be done in English.
- Projects built around the idea of cooperation with students from partner institutions will be given advantage.
2. HOW CAN I APPLY?
You can apply by downloading Aplication form in PDF format from the DOWNLOAD section. Save it to your local disc, fill in the required fields and make a short description-synopsis of your proposal. Name the file by your personal name (e.g. John Doe.pdf) and e-mail it to email@example.com.
One student can apply with maximum two proposals. In such a case the files should be named with numbers in addition to his/her personal name (e.g. John Doe1.pdf John Doe2.pdf)
3. CAN I APPLY WITH AN ALREADY FINISHED WORK OR A WORK IN PROGRESS?
No. Your proposal must be original and not finished work or work in progress.
4. WHAT DOES THE OPEN CALL THEME “I WISH TO TELL YOU...” MEAN?
The theme “I wish to tell you...” should motivate students’ creative thinking in making a ten-minute AV work of something they would like to share with people all around the world. This should be their “creative voice”.
5. WHAT FORMS OF AUDIO VIDEO WORKS WOULD BE ACCEPTED?
There is no limitation in form. Any AV program form or genre would be accepted (short feature or documentary movie, experimental video, radio documentary, drama or experimental programs, etc. ).
6. WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
You will be offered to travel and work in production in the region. International production teams will be created for every specific production. Your AV work will be broadcasted trough major regional media and it will be submitted to different festivals. You will learn about different cultures, meet and work with students from the region, and much more...
7. WHO PAYS THE PRODUCTION EXPENSES?
All production expenses will be covered by the StudAVP project.
8. APPLICATION SUBMISSION PERIOD?
From 20/04/2014 to 31/05/2014.
9. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
The list of accepted proposals will be published on StudAVP web site no later than 30/6/2014. After the confirmation of the accepted proposals students will be contacted and asked for more information on production plans and needs. StudAVP will create international cooperation teams of students which will be selected based on production efficiency, according to project objectives. During summer time students will work on the preproduction of the program with the mentor-professor.
10. WHEN WILL THE PRODUCTION TAKE PLACE?
The actual production and postproduction will take place in the period September - December 2014 in regional countries. Students will travel. All expenses will be covered by the StudAVP.
11. HOW WILL THE FINISHED STUDENT PROJECTS BE PRESENTED TO THE PUBLIC?
Through our Media partners who are major television and radio broadcasters in the region. Your work will be presented and broadcasted by RTS, RTV, RTRS, BHRT and A1 REPORT media. Other ways of public presentation will be submissions to various festivals.
If you have any questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download OPEN CALL poster here.